Acknowledging that your current sources of income replacement may not be adequate in the event you become too sick or injured to work is a key first step. Now it’s time to evaluate choices that will meet your needs for income replacement. It’s important to consider how a policy performs in its entirety to determine if the coverage can provide sufficient value and financial assistance during a period of disability.
- How much income replacement will I need?
- How much coverage may I qualify for?
- What will determine whether or not I’m disabled and when do benefits begin?
- How long will benefits be payable?
- Could my policy be changed, cancelled or my premium raised?
- Will my benefits keep pace with inflation?